Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lines. Curves. Colors. Confidence.

When I was a child, I had always wanted to become a painter, like Picasso, or an artist who uses a wonderful medium, say paper (or other scraps), to create aesthetic works of the hands. Twenty years later, I'm still holding on to that dream.

Aside from my affinity for writing, I also yearned to explore the magic of arts. Whenever I had an ample time, I drew. Some of my drawings went unfinished and turned to a wad of paper. I was always dissatisfied with myself. I knew I was not good enough but I kept on trying. Until now, I'm still pushing myself to try more. But over time, I have learned something precious. I have learned that talents come naturally and effortlessly, and I don't have to be the best nor be perfectly talented to enjoy and appreciate my hobbies. Talents can bring us places, but happiness is just around the corner. Passion takes us there for free. I know now that my works are not perfect nor competent, but I am glad I didn't hesitate to try my best and nurture my desire over and over again.

"Don't doubt yourself. If your creation isn't as good as you what you wanted it to be, don't lose hope. After all, we are the first admirers of our own works." 

Here's my latest drawing, Gon, from Hunter X Hunter. I drew it on a whim, so I didn't have the chance to prepare a decent art set. I used colored pencils instead. It's originally colorful but I uploaded it using Sepia effect. It's not that impressive but I put my pride in it. I just wish I have had more materials to make it even better.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining and linking with Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the BLOGS OF FAME and will be featured weekly in our Facebook page ;)

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    Thank you,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your drawing of Gon. I used to watch Hunter X Hunter when I was little. I also draw but yours is really great. I like your blog.
    I found you on Blogs ng Pinoy. I'm looking for mutual followers. Please visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow each other.

    Thanks,
    Hi_D
    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I have just followed your blog. Keep on blogging and Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  3. I also wanted to engage with arts when I was younger even though I don't have a talent in that area. (I know somehow that the other side of our clan are good in drawing etc. I haven't acquired it, bad gene combination XD)

    But I am interested in different area already. Our passion will keep us moving.

    ~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

    ReplyDelete